It is a bright yellow chemical produced by plants of the Curcuma longa species. It is the principal curcuminoid of turmeric (Curcuma longa), a member of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae. It is a plant based supplement with anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to increase the amount of antioxidants that the body produces.
BENEFITS OF CURCUMIN(TURMERIC)
- Anti-Inflammatory: As chronic inflammation contributes to many chronic diseases, curcumin may help treat conditions like inflammatory bowel disease, pancreatitis, and arthritis. The results may be more effective than inflammation-fighting medications.
- Protect Against Heart Disease: Curcumin may improve endothelial function, or the health of the thin membrane that covers the inside of the heart and blood vessels.
- Prevent (and Possibly Help Treat) Cancer:As inflammation is linked to tumor growth, anti-inflammatory compounds such as curcumin may play a role in treating and preventing a variety of cancer types, including colorectal, pancreatic, prostate, breast, and gastric cancers.
- Osteoarthritis: It may be a safe and effective long-term treatment option for people with osteoarthritis (OA).
- Increases the Antioxidant Capacity: Oxidative damage is believed to be one of the mechanisms behind aging and many diseases.Curcumin is a potent antioxidant that can neutralize free radicals due to its chemical structure.
- Boosts BDNF:Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor(a protein found in the brain and spinal cord that plays a key role in keeping nerve cells healthy and regulating communication between nerve cells, which is critical for learning and memory).